"The art of art, the glory of expression, and the SUNSHINE of the light of letters, is SIMPLICITY." -Walt Whitman

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

From trash to treasure

Our paper towel tube collection at school was stacking up faster than I could think of projects to whip out with the kids, so I took a few home with me. And by a few I mean like 30 paper towel tubes, leaving a nice collection yet at school. Most would just trash these, but no sir-ree, not this lady!
A website a great friend of mine shared with me shows an awesome project you can do with the rolls I have. You can use any kind of rolls; toilet paper rolls, wrapping paper rolls, or in my case, paper towel rolls is what I am choosing to use. This great friend of mine that I spoke of (who gave me the website I'm going to share with y'all) her name is Crystal Elworth, and she and her sweet family moving into a new pad at the end of the week. 30 Paper towels will go a long way, so she's going to get a housewarming, homemade, piece of home decor that has sunshine written all over it! The end project will be very similar to the image below, except I'm spray painting it yellow!

www.designsponge.com

2 comments:

  1. this is an awesome project sarah! my classroom is overflowing with paper towel and toilet paper tubes too and since i'm not having preschool next year i was wondering what to do with them all. now i have a great idea! thanks!
    ps i have a feeling you are going to be my new favorite website to go to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Blog!! You are sooo creative and a ray of Sunshine, this is perfect for you! Can't wait to see more, LUV U

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts