"The art of art, the glory of expression, and the SUNSHINE of the light of letters, is SIMPLICITY." -Walt Whitman

Monday, May 23, 2011

You are my sunshine...Family, Art, & Lucketts!

What a fantastic weekend I had! It was so busy, but that kind of busy that keeps you buzzing on Monday, because the previous two days were so stinkin' fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday mornings is when I go into super-woman-cleaning-mode! Cleaning from the baseboards to the shower drain and everything in between. This is also when I find myself noticing the things in the apartment I want to change or enhance. Like our laundry room, its a little nook that's off the hallway that leads in from our doorway, so it's the first thing people will see when they come through the door. This bothered me because who wants to see our dirty laundry? No one. I had found a shower curtain a while back at Target that was on sale for under $5.00 and a left over shower rod that had traveled with us for this exact purpose (not). To boot, I had just recently found some curtain hangers at Joann Fabric for under $2.00. Throw all these together, and what-a-ya get?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was just the beginning, because once you get me going, there's just no stopping me! So to the thrift store I went! Just call  me bargain-opolis because I made out like a bandit! Let's see; 2 bolts of fabric, 4 candle stick holders, 6 plates, and 2 matching solid wood side tables, all for 25 dollars! All purchases are to be used in future projects. One project I fulfilled within this trip; I introduce you to my PIE STANDS made from candle stick holders and vintage plates:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next it was off to the Mechanicsburg Art and Wine Walk with my MIL, Kathy. What a beautiful day it turned out to be! After a week of nothing but rain we lucked out by having a full day of SUNSHINE! It was nice supporting the local artists and businesses! So many cool places, people, and finds! By far two of the coolest shops were my Aunt and Uncles Violin Shop and Gallery and The Lavender House. Mechanicsburg sure does have some hidden gems!
Kathy and I starting at my Aunt and Uncles Shop
Teapot Collage in the garden out back of the Lavender House
Pretty Tibetan Prayer clothes fluttering in the wind
My husband joined me<3
Small world: The lady on the left is the mother to one of the designers for a clothing line by Kohl's Department store. She comes out of the trellises and remarks to Kathy, "nice shirt", and proceeds to tell Kathy about her daughter and how she got the shirt fresh off the press for mother's day, before it went out for public sale! Can you say, "whoa"?
Saturday ended with a always delicious dinner at the Bostic household when the spontaneous plans for a trip to Lucketts was planned for early Sunday morning. Smiles all around!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh Lucketts, there are no words to describe my infatuation with you, you never let me down! So much inspiration packed into one tiny section of Virginia!

Project ideas galore! I focused in on two projects, well tried to anyway. You will see I failed, but more projects=happier Sarah! If you could have seen my mind gears a-turnin', I sure was in rare form! I fell in love with a pillow from the get go, hah, yeah, you heard me right. It just wasn't any pillow, it was a pillow made from a vintage feed bag! The feed bag was from "Stickell's", a feed company out of Hagerstown, MD. There were vendors selling empty feed bags so-a-sewin' I will go! 
Bought a book of poems entitled "Sunshine and Shadows" finding it fitting for all the right reasons! But then I step foot into the Lucketts store and find this:

My rendition will be slightly different and about $50 cheaper:). I bought a $5 hanging plant holder, took the mossy stuff out of it, and will hang the pages from my poem book from it. Take a look:
Sunlight and Shadow
The bowl is upside down, I'll flip it when I do the project! Final pictures to come!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too many ideas to pile into one blog! There are projects in my head to last me for ages! These will do for now:).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts